The financial results for the third quarter of 2008 are in. I feel that I'm repeating myself over and over, but again, there is growth across the board, revenues are increasing, profits are increasing, and Opera has a lot of cash available. The growth is also expected to continue into 2009. …
- The overall revenue increase is 53% since Q3 2007, with expenses up 38%
- Desktop revenue is up 62%(!) since Q3 2007
- The number of desktop users is now more than 30 million. It grew by 20% in Q3 (up 40% since the end of 2007, and 55% since Q3 2007) due to the launch of 9.5
- Desktop case studies: Russia has grown by 112% in the last 12 months (and Opera apparently has a 25% market share), while Indonesia has grown by 115%
- Opera Mini had 21 million users in October (usage is up more than 400% since Q3 2007!)
- Internet Devices revenue up by 50% since Q3 2007
- Opera Software had 579 employees at the end of the quarter, expected to reach 620+ by the end of the year
- The goal for the Consumer business unit (Desktop, Mini) is to "prioritize the most strategic features and functions"
During the presentation, Jon made a point out of looking into the webcast camera and thanking the Opera community 🙂
For more details, you can read the quarterly report and presentation, and watch the webcast. Needless to say, the future still looks very bright for Opera. Everything is moving in our direction, with no signs of things slowing down it seems.