In the financial results for the 4th quarter of 2008, you will notice that it's the same old story: Growth across the board, and record profits. Desktop revenue increased by a massive 117% compared to the same quarter last year because of more users, higher ARPU (Average Revenue Per User), and a weaker NOK compared to other currencies. And once again, the management is expecting further growth both in the short and long term. …
- Total revenue up 69% since Q4 2007 (up 58% total in 2008 compared to 2007)
- Desktop revenue up 117% in Q4 2008 compared to Q4 2007 (up 73% in 2008 compared to 2007)
- Desktop user count up 67% since the end of 2007, and 17% compared to Q3 2008
- 20 million monthly Opera Mini users in January 2009, up over 160% compared to January 2008, and up from 17.6 million users in December 2008
- Opera Mini data traffic up 350% in January 2009 compared to January 2008 (operators have made more than 5.9 billion NOK off of Opera Mini per year)
- Mobile/Device revenue up 56% since Q4 2007 (up 53% in 2008 compared to 2007)
- Opera now has 675+ employees in 10 countries
I have no doubt that the management is right when they predict continued growth, both in the short and long term. They certainly seem to have gotten it right so far. In the presentation (check the webcast), there were even hints about some interesting deals that are to be announced in the coming months.
Edit: An interesting note on Opera Turbo is that our CEO has stated that an end-user release is being considered.