The financial results for the third quarter of 2010 were announced today.
Even though the currency situation is still affecting our revenue, we managed to deliver solid revenue and profits, making this our best quarter ever. …
- Record quarter, with highest ever revenue and profits
- Total revenue grew by 32% compared to the same quarter in 2009 (35% on a constant currency basis)
- Expenses were up only 3%
- Desktop revenue increased by 41%
- Internet Devices revenue increased by 32%
- Opera Mini revenue has doubled since Q4-2009 (in less than a year)
- Desktop revenue is higher than expected due to higher
- We have added around 50 million users of Opera products during the last 12 months
- There are more than 140 million Opera users in total (which means that Opera's total and global market share is about 7%)
- There have been fluctuations in desktop user numbers due to seasonal variations, but the number of desktop users is now back above 50 million
- There are currently 75 million Opera Mini users
- The Opera Mini user base has grown by 100% since Q3-2009
- We have around 9 million users of Opera Mini in India, a growth of 200%
- There were 7.5 million users in the quarter that were on operator-branded or co-branded versions of Opera Mini (488% growth)
- 2.2 million operator users were added in the quarter
- Revenue from mobile operators is continuing becoming a bigger and bigger part of the total revenue, while revenue from is declining as part of the total revenue, as we are focusing more and more on standardized products
AdMarvel has contributed positively to the quarter, with higher revenues than expected. We also expect AdMarvel to contribute significantly to Opera's revenue in the future. AdMarvel will also offer new revenue opportunities from operator customers, for example through things like the Open Mobile Ad Exchange. Other new services will offer new revenue opportunities as well.
Opera Mobile for Android was mentioned as being important to Opera, and we will need additional ways to differentiate ourselves from the competition. We are also working on a new version of Opera Mini for the iPhone, but no date has been announced for that.
The guidance for the last quarter of 2010 was also updated to indicate higher revenues than previously expected.