While we have various ways to analyze the most widespread problems affecting a large number of users, I thought it might be interesting to get a bit of direct feedback on what people's main problems with Opera are.
- Opera users: What are the top 3 problems that are causing you frustration?
- Don't use Opera? What are the top 3 issues keeping you from using it?
I don't know how many will respond to this, but to keep it manageable from the start, here are a few basic rules:
- One list per person
- The list can contain only 3 items (don't "+1" other people's comments – if you support something someone else writes, show that by adding it to your own list)
- The list must be about the actual desktop browser (while people may identify problems with various processes or other Opera products, but those are not what I'm looking for)
- Keep the description brief (if you need to elaborate, link to an external page or image; if the description wraps to more than two lines, it's probably too long!)
Mind you, I am not doing this for lack of feedback channels, but I feel that sometimes those channels can get clogged by a lot of off-topic content and things that aren't really relevant in that particular context. It would be interesting to see the feedback distilled into brief points that are easy to analyze.
I also realize that any feedback here will be heavily biased towards more advanced users, but we need to keep you guys in mind, too, when developing Opera.